Friday, July 29, 2016

Day 7 - staying put

Today, we were total and absolute beach bums.  In an attempt not to spend a ton of $ on resort food, we've found ways to eat small meals like breakfast at the coffee shop or from the little grocery down the road.  We have also been able to spend the previous days either on the road or in places were you can eat more authentic Hawaii food ( mmmm....poke!).   Anyway, all that to say we avoided the $35/ person giant breakfast buffet and headed straight to the pool.   I grabbed my snorkel gear and headed to the lagoon and bay next to the hotel.  

Lagoon on the right is man made but open so fish and turtles can swim in.  The water on the right is Waikoloa bay.  The lagoon was kind of murky with just a few fish.  Head to the left and it was a whole different experience.  I was the only person out there.  Just me and the fish. 


We spend until early afternoon by the pool or just lounging around.  I actually bought my very first pair of....don't laugh...flipflops.   At the moment, I'm wearing flipflops AND a Hawaiian shirt.  You will just have to use your imagination.  Maybe island life suits me better than I thought.


While walking around the lagoon, I did run into a friend.  He and I hung out for a while. 


There was also this on the beach someone made in black lava rock.   Now, I know it's not for us, but I thought it was a cool coincidence.  

Another cool part of the resort is the dolphin lagoon right below us.  

About 6-8 dolphins live there for dolphin experiences you can buy.  We can just sit on the balcony and watch them play.  

That's about it for the day.   I will leave you with one parting thought,  we had tried a lot of authentic Hawaiian food.  One food that we just may not get to is Spam....Spam is big here, people.   So big, it is a classic flavor of macadamia nuts....behold!

Goodnight and aloha. 






No comments:

Post a Comment